Having properly aligned teeth, not only helps in chewing food, but also gives us a lot of confidence, close a pesky gap, and correct painful bites. In the past, mummies of the Ancient Egyptians were found to have makeshift bands wrapped around teeth. Fortunately, things have evolved vastly since then, and today you can simply meet the best dentist in Delhi for braces.
What are Braces?
Dental braces are a common treatment done to move or straighten your teeth, hence improving the appearance. They also make eating more comfortable and take care of gums and teeth in the long term.
There are many reasons why you might be advised or want to have braces:
- crooked or overcrowded teeth
- to improve the appearance of your smile
- too much or too less spacing between your teeth
- upper front teeth that bite behind the lower teeth
- lower teeth that bite too far behind the upper teeth
Just visit the best dentist in Delhi for braces and explore the best braces cost in Delhi now.
Type of Braces
There are different types of braces:
- Traditional Braces: The traditional braces were heavy and painful. They are now lighter in structure as well as weight and made from high-grade stainless steel. These braces have metal brackets (that are linked to each other with a small, thin archwire), and are attached to each tooth using a form of cement. This puts pressure on the teeth and makes them move slowly into the desired position.
These archwires are connected to the metal brackets through small elastics called o-rings or ligatures that are changed in every visit. Some forms of braces have brackets that don’t involve ligatures. These are known as self-ligating braces.
- Ceramic Braces: These braces are similar to the traditional braces but are made from a transparent, clear material. It is a popular choice among adults, as ceramic braces are less visible to others.
- Damon Braces: These self-ligating braces are presently creating a wave of popularity among patients and orthodontists. This is because they require a few dental visits and provide gentle treatment. One of the biggest advantages of Damon braces is that they produce faster results as the teeth can move on their own without any requirement to be adjusted. This means less pressure and friction on the teeth, and therefore the movement is less painful. In addition to this, Damon braces are easier to clean.
- Lingual braces: Harder to see, the metal brackets on Lingual braces are attached behind the teeth, facing the tongue. You can easily get these safe and effective Braces in Delhi by simply giving us a call.
- Clear aligners: Also known as invisible braces, they are clear plastic trays that fit onto the teeth. The Clear aligners make use of pressure for gently moving teeth to the desired position.
The best thing is that you can simply walk into the clinic of a braces dentist in Delhi to get braces in Delhi without putting a hole in your pocket.
How does it work?
Braces help your teeth move by exerting pressure on them constantly for extended periods of time. After a time, the shape of your jaw adapts gradually to conform to this constant pressure. There is a membrane beneath the gums surrounded by bones that root teeth to the jaw. It is because of this membrane that the position of the teeth gets controlled, and it responds to the pressure that the braces put on your teeth.
Also Read: How Braces Are Put On teeth?
Cost of Braces in Delhi
The approximate Ceramic braces cost in Delhi is INR 35,000-40,000 while the cost in Delhi for traditional braces is around INR 20,000-25,000. The Lingual braces cost in Delhi is approximately INR 100,000.
The braces cost in Delhi for different forms of braces in Delhi may also vary from one clinic to another and some other factors such as the success rate of the braces dentist in Delhi, type and severity of the oral condition, the reputation of the dental care specialist, etc.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Braces
Before you visit the braces dentist in Delhi, it is important for you to know about the advantages and disadvantages of braces.
Advantages of Braces
- Braces can be custom-tailored to rectify many different oral health issues at the same time that make them really worthwhile.
- Braces are good for moving the teeth into the desired position.
- You can choose from a wide range of options such as ceramic braces, lingual braces, Damon braces, etc.
Disadvantages of Braces
- It may be a little trickier to keep the teeth clean with braces.
- You would need to follow a strict routine for keeping the gums, teeth, and braces scrupulously clean.
- You may have to give up on fizzy drinks or curries to avoid staining.
Why Choose Us?
At Dr. Varun Grover’s clinic, our teams of orthodontists, dentists, and medical care professionals are always there to guide you, so the entire treatment process is simple and comforting for you.
Using state-of-the-art infrastructure and innovative treatment methodologies, we make sure that you get back your lost smile within no time.
Call us now to get the best braces in Delhi for you!