The medical and scientific progress in India has made oral healthcare very popular and affordable. People, in general, have become more conscious about their oral hygiene and are choosing the option of dental braces for better oral health.
The availability of advanced technologies and materials has made the experience of having dental braces more pleasant and comfortable. In this blog, we will learn about dental braces and look into the different types of dental braces in India available.
Table of Contents: Page Navigation
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What are Dental Braces?
- Types of Dental Braces
- How to Choose the Right Dental Braces for You?
What are Dental Braces?
Dental braces are the wire-based appliances that orthodontists popularly use to correct misaligned jaws and teeth. So, basically, they help to keep your teeth and jaws in a properly aligned position.
Dental braces are categorized based on its requirement. For example, for minor dental correction, clear aligners or invisible braces are used. It can be easily removed and customized.
Let us now read about the different types of dental braces in India in detail. In case you have an imperfect jawline or mismatched teeth, then you can always connect with us at Aligner and Braces (ABC). Dr. Varun Grover and his team of experts in ABC will help you get the perfect smile.
Types of Dental Braces
Dental braces types are categorized depending upon the requirement and the materials used. Popularly, they are subdivided into the following five types::
1. Traditional metal braces: In this type, metal brackets and wires are used. The entire brace is made out of metal and is attached to the teeth. These are the most commonly used braces worldwide and have been around for over 100 years now.
Earlier, they were very bulky and used to cause a lot of pain. But thanks to technological advancements, they are much easier to carry now. Also, the addition of heat-activated archwires has made the traditional metal braces very popular and effective.
2. Ceramic braces: Among the different dental braces in Delhi, India, ceramic braces are very popular and widely used. In terms of size and shape, they are similar to the traditional metal braces.
When compared to others, ceramic braces are less noticeable because of their color. However, they stain very easily and need proper care. They are made up of a clear, tooth-colored material.
If you want to have discreet and less visible dental braces, then ceramic braces are ideal. Connect with us at the Aligner and Braces Clinic (ABC) for expert guidance.
3. Lingual braces: They are made of metal and very similar to traditional metal braces. However, they are attached to the inside of the teeth and hence are not visible easily.
Compared to others, lingual braces are less effective and take a longer time to get the desired results. They come in direct contact with the tongue and can thus be very uncomfortable. Also, they are challenging to clean and may require more visits to the clinic for maintenance.
4. Invisalign: In the making of Invisalign, metal wires and brackets are not used. Instead, a series of custom-made, clear plastic aligners are used. This allows individuals greater freedom to drink and eat anything. The Invisalign is very easy to remove and replace. Throughout the treatment period, one can very effectively and efficiently maintain it.
Compared to the other dental braces types, Invisalign is expensive and popularly used to correct minor alignment problems. However, to get the desired results, one may require 18 to 30 different aligners.
5. Self-ligating braces: When compared to the traditional braces, the self-ligating braces are more comfortable. Instead of the elastic bands that traditional braces have, self-ligating braces have brackets or clips to hold the archwire.
There are two types of self-ligating brackets: active self-ligating braces and passive self-ligating braces. Active brackets use a strong force to get pressed against the archwire. Whereas passive brackets’ mechanism is much simple, and they do not get pressed against the archwire.
These types of braces also need regular adjustments like the traditional braces. But it takes less time than a traditional one. Plus, self-ligating braces are way more comfortable to use. You can move your teeth faster in a comfortable way. Also, it can be cleaned easily.
How to Choose the Right Dental Braces for You?
To choose the right kind of dental braces types, follow the tips provided below:
- Noticeability: Choosing braces depends on whether or not you are affected when your braces get noticed by others. If you are okay with others seeing your braces, then traditional braces are a good option for you. They are very affordable and very easy to maintain. However, if you do not want visible braces and want a perfect smile, you can choose Invisalign braces. These are made of clear BPA-free plastic and are completely invisible from the outside.
Whatever type of dental braces you choose, make sure you maintain them properly.
- Choose the right dentist: This is one of the most crucial steps in the process of choosing your right dental brace. If you are suffering from a critical dental issue, then go to a highly skilled orthodontic.
For best guidance, book your appointment with Dr. Varun Grover. An expert orthodontic practitioner, will surely guide you and provide the best service possible.
- Learn about the different types of dental braces: If you are planning to apply braces to improve your dental health, then knowing about them in the first place is very important. Before going directly for it, it is advisable that you do proper research on it and learn about it.
To learn more about the types of dental braces, connect with us at the Aligner and Braces Clinic (ABC).
To conclude, we would like to address the importance of using braces. They are the only instrument that helps to straighten your unaligned teeth and give you a perfect smile. Using dental braces also improves your oral health.
Book an appointment with Dr. Varun Grover, the best orthodontist in Delhi. He and his group of experts at the Aligner and Braces Clinic (ABC), the best dental clinic in Delhi will guide you in the best possible way.