It's no secret that a beautiful smile will help you become more confident in your appearance and abilities. However, oral health problems like crooked, overcrowded, and overlapping and misalignment of the upper and lower teeth can make you feel self-conscious and rob you of your smile. Fortunately, braces can help you reclaim your lost smile and make the people around you feel happy and better too. Here are some useful braces tips and tricks before getting the treatment.
Table Of Contents
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- Prepare yourself mentally
- Any other dental procedures if needed will be done before
- Be prepared for some soreness, slight discomfort and adjustment
- Maintain oral hygiene before your appointment
- Don’t forget to learn the right brushing technique after braces
- Schedule your appointments
1. Prepare yourself mentally
It is very much normal to feel nervous and you may experience anxiety and stress before you pay a visit to the doctor for braces. However, having a rough idea of the different types of braces such as dental braces, self-ligating braces, orthodontic braces, removable braces, and clear braces and the procedures will go a long way to ease your nerves. There may be an excruciatingly long wait before the doctor puts in the braces. During this time, you can relax with a playlist of your favorite music.
It is always a good idea to have a detailed consultation with the doctor about the best braces tips and tricks before the braces are put in. You can also calm yourself by engaging in meditation and some deep-breathing exercises while waiting for your turn in the waiting room.
It may take you 2-4 weeks to get on terms with your new smile but there's absolutely nothing to worry about.
2. Any other dental procedures if needed will be done before
It is important to follow a regular oral hygiene routine that includes brushing and flossing with the right technique. You should ensure dental procedures such as teeth cleaning and wisdom tooth extraction are performed beforehand so that the procedure involving placement of braces is easy, quick, and hassle-free. In addition to this, if there is any decayed tooth or any other dental issue, it should be treated before you get your braces on.
3. Be prepared for some soreness, slight discomfort, and adjustment
You may develop some pain, soreness, or discomfort after putting on braces. Thankfully, they are normal and only temporary. The good thing is that you can easily alleviate these side effects with easy braces tips and tricks to help get rid of the pain, discomfort, and soreness.
For instance, ice packs can be applied to areas of discomfort to reduce pain and inflammation. You can even try out popsicles, ice cream, ice cubes, or sip iced water to reduce inflammation and numb your mouth. Swishing for a minute or two with a solution of warm salt water may alleviate soreness and reduce inflammation. In addition to these braces tips and tricks, the orthodontist may apply orthodontic wax over the braces so you don't have to feel the pain caused by brackets and metal wires.
Braces are indeed one of the best ways to improve the functionality and appearance of teeth. They may be a bit painful initially, but you can get relief by following some simple braces tips and tricks.
Want to know more braces tips and tricks on how to gain a healthier and more beautiful smile? Contact Aligner and Braces now!
4. Maintain oral hygiene before your appointment
- You need to brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush for at least 2 minutes and the tongue with a tongue scraper or a soft-bristled toothbrush. You may consider a battery-operated or electric toothbrush.
- You should always make it a point to rinse the toothbrush after brushing with water. The toothbrush should be stored in an upright position. It should be allowed to air-dry before it is used again and should never be stored in closed containers as it may encourage the growth of yeast, mold, or bacteria.
- It is important to replace your toothbrush every three months or sooner if the bristles are becoming irregular or flaying.
- You should avoid smoking and alcohol as they are harmful to your teeth.
5. Don’t forget to learn the right brushing technique after braces
After putting in braces, it is important for you to create and maintain the highest standards of oral hygiene. This will include placing the soft-bristled toothbrush at an angle of 45 degrees to the gums and following a circular motion to brush gently after every meal.
It is important that you gently brush each tooth's surface, including the chewing, inner, and outer surfaces. The toothbrush's tip should be used for brushing the inner surface of the front teeth. After every meal, you should carefully floss around the braces, gums, and teeth.
6. Schedule your appointments
You need to schedule your appointments with the orthodontist or dentist to ensure that your oral health treatments are following the predetermined timeline. Your “adjustment appointments” or follow-up visits will help in checking your progress, making adjustments as and when required, and replacing worn-out bands. If part(s) of your braces have become damaged, broken, or loosened, the orthodontist can take corrective actions on time.
Remember, braces appointments with your orthodontist or dentist are a great time to describe problems, ask questions, get advice and suggestions on how to care for your braces.
The estimated cost of braces treatment in Delhi is INR 22,000-48,000. The final teeth braces cost in Delhi may depend on many factors such as the type of braces, the general and overall health of the patient, medications, the expertise of the doctor, the success rate of the dental clinic, etc.
There are countless benefits of braces when it comes to improving oral health and reducing the risk for gum disease and tooth decay. At Aligner and Braces, you will get the best treatment and pre-and post-care at an affordable cost. Our experienced and qualified orthodontists and dentists will help you with the best tips for new braces wearers.
If you want to correct alignment and bite, boost your confidence, or exude the real "you" with a straighter smile, it's time for you to know more about braces and call Aligner and Braces and we'll help you find an oral treatment plan that will work for you.